Obamacare Damages (So Far)
The disastrous roll-out of Obamacare's Healthcare.gov web site. The avalanche of health insurance cancellation letters to disbelieving policyholders, many of whom voted for Obama. The blatant fraud of President Obama... It seems that all of the warnings of Obamacare's opponents are coming true, and then some. The so-called "Affordable Care Act", and the socialist transformation it seeks to impose on an unwilling America, has become one of the great political dramas of our time.
- July 14, 2015Two judges on the 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals have ruled that the Obama administration can force the nuns of the Little Sisters of the Poor in Denver to pay for abortion-causing drugs, although the split 2-1 opinion left no doubt about how deeply divided the nation is over the issue.
- June 16, 2015The federal government cannot verify nearly $3 billion in subsidies distributed through Obamacare, putting significant taxpayer funding “at risk,” according to a new audit report.
- June 2, 2015Even if the King v Burwell case fails at the U.S. Supreme Court next month, the future for the Obamacare exchanges is still far from assured. Even if people on the 37 federal exchanges get to keep their subsidies, chances are they will eventually be caught in the vortex of the “death spiral.”
- May 30, 2015The cost of Obamacare could rise for millions of Americans next year, with one insurer proposing a 50 percent hike in premiums, fueling the controversy about just how “affordable” the Affordable Care Act really is.
- May 25, 2015Major insurers in some states are proposing up to 51 percent premium increases for health plans sold under the Affordable Healthcare and Patient Protection Act, commonly referred to as Obamacare.
- May 12, 2015Despite over $205 million in federal taxpayer funding, Hawaii’s Obamacare exchange website will soon shut down. Since its implementation, the exchange has somehow failed to become financially viable because of lower than expected Obamacare enrollment figures. With the state legislature rejecting a $28 million bailout, the website will now be unable to operate past this year.
- May 4, 2015Three-quarters of emergency physicians say they've seen ER patient visits surge since Obamacare took effect — just the opposite of what many Americans expected would happen.
- April 26, 2015It looks like we can add California to the list of states that set up Obamacare exchanges and now are having huge problems with them (alongside places like Oregon and Maryland).
- March 23, 2015A group of Democratic senators is urging the Obama administration to delay a key portion of Obamacare because the results could be “harmful and disruptive.”
- March 23, 2015The Affordable Care Act, commonly known as Obamacare, is forcing many rural hospitals to close — just like it was meant to do, according to the former president of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons.
- November 22, 2014Can bills/laws passed by Congress be interpreted as explicit or implicit contracts with the citizenry? If so, could contract law come into play with Obamacare? Jonathan Gruber, one of the primary architects of the law — he visited the White House 19 times, met with President Obama for hours, was cited by John Kerry, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi, among others, as a chief architect of the law, etc. — has been heard on numerous videos admitting to and bragging about the intentional deceit, lies and misrepresentations he perpetrated to mislead the public, media, Congress and the Congressional Budget Office, whose approval of the economics/savings was absolutely required.
- November 22, 2014The House's top investigator is calling on key Obamacare players to testify on Capitol Hill about the "deceptions" that surround the law's creation and enrollment reports.
- November 22, 2014Using your Obamacare plan can come at a great cost... Customers signed up in the most popular kinds of Obamacare plans for 2015 won't see big increases in how much they have to pay in out-of-pocket health costs compared to this year, a new analysis finds.
- November 20, 2014Former Obama adviser Steve Rattner lamented the White House's response to the series of revealing comments made by Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber, saying their attempt to deny any association with the MIT professor is hard to take seriously.
- November 20, 2014Controversial statements by key Obamacare consultant Jonathan Gruber are not the only evidence of deception of the American public in the passage of President Obama's health-care legislation.
- November 20, 2014The administration faced a political firestorm last week, when videos emerged featuring MIT professor—and paid Obamacare consultant—Jonathan Gruber making comments on "the stupidity of the American voter," and claiming that only a deliberately opaque and deceptive process was essential to the law's enactment. But the administration may soon face a policy controversy as well—for the law features a board that can operate in nontransparent ways, and which will empower technocrats like Mr. Gruber himself.
- November 20, 2014Gruber Admits Obamacare's Long-Term Objective Is to End Employer-Provided Health Insurance
- November 20, 2014Gruber exposes explicit Obama lie on ObamaCare... Not too many media outlets have responded to this story very well, but Jake Tapper at CNN has been an exception to that rule.
- November 20, 2014MIT Professor Jonathan Gruber, the Obamacare architect who bragged about deceiving the "stupid" American people to secure passage of the bill, has been paid an estimated $5.2 million by the federal government and 12 state governments for consulting services to assist in the design and implementation of the Affordable Care Act.
- November 20, 2014Not since the Kermit Gosnell murder trial has the mainstream press labored so diligently to ignore a hot story.
- November 20, 2014Of all the taxes in ObamaCare, none is more onerous than the whopping 40 percent Cadillac tax on the more generous employer-provided health care plans, which often are union plans.
- November 20, 2014The Obama administration wanted sweeter numbers for Obamacare, so it got some help from dentists... A new report Thursday revealed the administration pulled a fast-one with enrollment numbers for Obamacare, boosting a tally by including up to 400,000 dental plans—without publicly disclosing that fact at the time.
- November 20, 2014While Obamacare's proponents continue to insist that the program presents no threat to Americans' healthcare, new comments from Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber demonstrate that Obamacare was designed to do just that...
- November 8, 2014President Obama continued his tradition of blatantly lying to the American people about ObamaCare during his press conference Wednesday and the Washington Post Fact checker has called him out on it giving him 3 Pinocchios.
- November 8, 2014Incoming Affordable Care Act mandates are reportedly "playing havoc" with substitute teaching programs in some districts.
- November 8, 2014If you think spending eternity submerged in a river of excrement sounds bad, try getting an appointment with a dermatologist. Dante had "Abandon Hope, All Ye Who Enter Here," but we have "Please hold and your call will be answered in the order it was received."
- November 8, 2014Voters on Tuesday opted to cast their ballots for multiple governors who would not be open to expanding Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act, limiting access to health insurance for disabled and poor Americans in those states.
- November 8, 2014The Supreme Court agreed Friday to consider a major new challenge to President Obama's health care law. The decision to hear the case without waiting for a split among federal appeals courts represents a major victory for opponents, who had lost a unanimous verdict at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit.
- November 5, 2014I received a letter from my health-care exchange last month informing me that I could keep my health plan. In all caps, the letter included the following sentence: "If you are satisfied with your current plan, you do not have to do anything."
- November 5, 2014The producer of an anti-Obamacare movie has become the latest apparent conservative target of the IRS.
- November 5, 2014Don't Believe The Spin: ObamaCare Is A Major Issue For Voters... The Left is trying to tell us that ObamaCare has receded as a campaign issue because voters are by and large satisfied with the law.
- November 5, 2014Not qualified for Obamacare's subsidies? Just lie — The government plans to use the 'honor system' without verifying your eligibility.
- November 5, 2014More than half the people who enrolled in Obamacare last year don't plan to sign up again—and that's bad news for the president's health care law.
- November 2, 2014A fast-growing, short-term alternative to ObamaCare that allows customers to get cheap, one-year policies could put the government-subsidized plan into a death spiral.
- November 2, 2014Obamacare exchanges for small businesses were delayed a year as the administration struggled to build its individual exchanges, and just weeks away from their full launch, they're still battling several defects in the site. Local Archive
- November 2, 2014Despite Obamacare being the law of the land for 1,685 days, President Barack Obama's signature legislative achievement remains as unpopular as ever. Local Archive
- November 2, 2014Obamacare was never intended to make health care premiums lower. Instead, it was designed to spread the extremely high costs of caring for elderly and sick patients across a younger, healthier population, sort of how the working population subsidizes retirees through Social Security. Local Archive
- November 2, 2014The Medical Group Management Association published the results of a very large survey (728 medical practices employing more than 40,000 doctors) on the effects of the so-called Affordable Care Act on real-world medical practices, and the results were terrifyingly predictable. Local Archive
- November 20, 2013Second wave of health plan cancellations looms A new and independent analysis of Obamacare warns of a ticking time bomb, predicting a second wave of 50 million to 100 million insurance policy cancellations next fall -- right before the mid-term elections.
- November 20, 2013Students suffer Obamacare sticker shock as premiums soar, plans get cut While millions of Americans are watching their individual polices get canceled due to Obamacare regulations, the new health care rules are also having a major impact on college campuses.
- November 18, 2013Ex-Secret Service Member, GOP Candidate Loses Insurance Under Obamacare Dan Bongino, a twelve-year veteran of the Secret Service and now a Republican candidate for Maryland's sixth congressional district, says he's had his insurance canceled by Obamacare.
- November 14, 2013Obamacare enrollments got off to very slow start, documents show - CBS News For 31 days now, the Obama administration has been telling us that Americans by the millions are visiting the new health insurance website, despite all its problems.
- November 14, 2013Florida Woman's Insurance Rate Increases 10X Under Obamacare One Florida woman is going from paying $54 a month to $591 under Obamacare, CBS reports. "For many, their introduction to the Affordable Care Act has been negative: A broken website, and now cancellation notices from insurance companies, followed by sticker shock over higher prices for the new plans," says a CBS reporter. "It's directly at odds with repeated assurances from the president."
- November 13, 2013Analysis: Tens of millions could be forced out of health insurance they had Even as President Barack Obama sold a new health care law in part by assuring Americans they would be able to keep their insurance plans, his administration knew that tens of millions of people actually could lose those their policies.
- November 13, 2013Who counts as an Obamacare enrollee? The Obama administration settles on a definition. The fight over how to define the new health law's success is coming down to one question: Who counts as an Obamacare enrollee?
- November 13, 2013Public college cites high cost of Obamacare in canceling students' health plans Officials at one one of the nation's oldest and most elite historically black colleges are citing the Affordable Care Act (ACA) as the reason they have cancelled a school-wide affordable health care plan they had offered students.
- November 13, 2013Obamacare Enrollment Numbers Brutally Low On Wednesday, the Obama administration finally released its first numbers for Obamacare health insurance exchange enrollment dating from October 1 to October 31. The numbers were not pretty: just 106,185 people "selected a Marketplace plan" using the exchanges, after the administration predicted that 494,620 people would do so.
- November 13, 2013Dem. Rep.: 'I Think the President Was Grossly Misleading to the American Public' Rep. Kurt Schrader, a Democrat from Oregon, said that President Obama was "grossly misleading" on Obamacare.
- November 13, 2013Obama supporter miffed at botched healthcare rollout Margaret Davis of West L.A. voted for President Obama and appreciates the ideas behind the Affordable Care Act. She agrees that everyone should have access to healthcare and no one should be denied coverage because of pre-existing conditions.
- November 11, 2013Military members, veterans missing out on key Obamacare provision One of the most touted benefits of President Obama's health care overhaul law is the provision allows parents to keep their adult children on their health insurance until age 26. However, Trace Gallagher reported on "The Kelly File" Monday, this benefit is not being extended to a significant group of Americans: members of the U.S. military.
- November 11, 2013Healthcare.gov – A Failed IPO If Obamacare's website, www.healthcare.gov, had an initial public offering, as Twitter did last week, how might its stock price be valued after its recent performance?
- November 11, 2013State Obamacare exchanges enroll 3 pct of target so far President Barack Obama's healthcare reform has reached only about 3 percent of its enrollment target for 2014 in 12 U.S. states where new online health insurance marketplaces are mostly working smoothly, a report released on Monday said.
- November 6, 2013Sebelius: Possible for convicted felons to become Obamacare navigators Health and Human Services Sec. Kathleen Sebelius acknowledged Wednesday that it would be possible for a convicted felon to become an Obamacare navigator — one of the workers responsible for helping people deal with the ins and outs of the healthcare law.
- November 6, 201392,793 in Louisiana face loss of health insurance policies Nearly 93,000 Louisiana residents who are losing their health insurance plans must decide by the end of March whether to upgrade with their provider, shop on the Affordable Care Act exchanges or pay a fine.
- November 6, 2013Loyal Obama Supporters, Canceled by Obamacare San Francisco architect Lee Hammack says he and his wife, JoEllen Brothers, are "cradle Democrats." They have donated to the liberal group Organizing for America and worked the phone banks a year ago for President Obama's re-election...
- November 6, 2013Obamacare Restrictions Lead Brooklyn Couple To Consider Divorce From website crashes to long holds on calls, the issues involved with the unveiling of the Affordable Care Act are well documented. But now, could it be breaking couples up?
- November 5, 2013Obama denies 'you can keep it' videotaped promises President Barack Obama told his enthusiastic supporters Monday night that he never promised what video recordings show him promising at least 29 times.
- November 5, 2013When Fraud is Legal (Under socialism, there's no such thing as consumer protection.) Several readers responded to yesterday's column with emails criticizing us for stopping short of using the L-word – lie – to characterize President Obama's repeated statements to the effect that "If you like your plan, you can keep it." We did use the word in Tuesday's column, although we allowed for the alternative possibility that the president "suffers from a dissociative disorder, a pathological disconnection with reality."
- November 5, 2013The seniors getting hurt by Obamacare Obamacare has a new message to seniors: Take two aspirins and find yourself a new doctor in the morning...
- November 4, 2013Obama Officials In 2010: 93 Million Americans Will Be Unable To Keep Their Health Plans Under Obamacare Obamacare's disruption of the existing health insurance market—a disruption codified in law, and known to the administration—is only just beginning. And it's far broader than recent media coverage has implied.
- November 4, 2013David's Bridal employees moved to part-time due to Obamacare A memo reportedly went out Monday from the corporate offices of David's Bridal to store managers informing them that all employees have been moved from full-time to part-time as a result of Obamacare.
- November 4, 2013Healthcare.gov Users Warn of Compromised Personal Information A South Carolina man has had his personal information compromised through Healthcare.gov, the federal health-care exchange.
- November 4, 2013Canceled health insurance plans add to angst of change Bill Fullner has reached his breaking point. It started with the letter from his health-insurance company informing him it was canceling his plan and offering him a new one that's nearly twice as expensive. Then the 60-year-old retiree from Mount Vernon heard about more people like himself with canceled plans and soaring premiums. Finally, he spent hours on the phone and computer trying – and failing – to find a new option that he likes.
- November 4, 2013Obamacare Paper, Phone, Web Apps 'Stuck in the Same Queue' A series of internal Obama administration memos obtained exclusively by ABC News reveal for the first time how dysfunction with HealthCare.gov has upended the entire Affordable Care Act enrollment process, including applications by paper and phone that officials have been pushing as more reliable alternatives.
- November 4, 2013You Also Can't Keep Your Doctor For almost seven years I have fought and survived stage-4 gallbladder cancer, with a five-year survival rate of less than 2% after diagnosis. I am a determined fighter and extremely lucky. But this luck may have just run out: My affordable, lifesaving medical insurance policy has been canceled effective Dec. 31.
- November 4, 2013AP: 3.5 Million Insurance Plans Canceled There are at least 3.5 million Americans who would take issue with President Obama's promise that they could keep their insurance plans if they want to, according to the Associated Press. In a state-by- state breakdown, the news agency came to the figure by tracking notices through insurers in each state.
- October 30, 2013Top Dem Admits: 'We Knew' House Democratic whip Steny Hoyer conceded to reporters today that Democrats knew people would not be able to keep their current health care plans under Obamacare and expressed qualified contrition for President Obama's repeated vows to the contrary.
- October 30, 2013The Obamacare Awakening For all of the Affordable Care Act's technical problems, at least one part is working on schedule. The law is systematically dismantling the individual insurance market, as its architects intended from the start.
- October 28, 2013Millions of Americans Are Losing Their Health Plans Because of Obamacare While the Affordable Care Act was making its way through Congress in 2009 and 2010, President Obama famously promised the American people over and over again that if you like your health plan, you can keep it.
- October 28, 2013Obama admin. knew millions could not keep their health insurance President Obama repeatedly assured Americans that after the Affordable Care Act became law, people who liked their health insurance would be able to keep it. But millions of Americans are getting or are about to get cancellation letters for their health insurance under Obamacare, say experts, and the Obama administration has known that for at least three years.
- October 28, 2013Rush Limbaugh: How Will the Millennials Fund Obamacare If They Don't Have Jobs? RUSH: The reality is Millennials can't find work, ergo, they've got no income, yet they are the primary funders, and yet the wizards of smart behind all this don't seem to put that together.
- October 28, 2013How Retirees Will Suffer Under the ACA Retirees will be affected in several ways. Their premiums will have to increase because the Affordable Care Act requires insurance coverage for maternity care (which they don't need), no caps on the amount the insurers may have to pay, coverage for pre-existing conditions and care of 30 to 40 million people who are not now insured.
- October 28, 2013Obamacare jacks up her insurance “I spent two years defending Obamacare. I had constituents scream at me, spit at me and call me names that I can't put in print. The congressman was not re-elected in 2010 mainly because of the anti-Obamacare anger. When the congressman was not re-elected, I also (along with the rest of our staff) lost my job. I was upset that because of the health care issue, I didn't have a job anymore but still defended Obamacare because it would make health care available to everyone at, what I assumed, would be an affordable price. I have now learned that I was wrong. Very wrong.”
- October 28, 2013Beyond Obamacare glitches, some consumers face dramatically higher rates As Obamacare begins to roll out, some people who already buy insurance on the individual market are getting cancellation notices – and offers for coverage at double and triple their old rates.
- October 28, 2013Thousands of Georgia residents get healthcare coverage revoked In the wake of the implementation of Obamacare, thousands of Georgians are feeling the pinch of healthcare "reform" as their insurers have decided to either raise rates astronomically or revoke coverage entirely. Nationwide, approximately fourteen million people so far have received cancellation notices from their insurers, stating that these individuals who purchase their own coverage will no longer be offered coverage to even buy insurance.
- October 28, 2013Insurers notifying customers of changes Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama, the largest provider in the state, recently mailed letters to 4 percent of its customers to inform them their health plans won't be available in 2014 because they don't meet Affordable Care Act, or ACA, rules.
- October 28, 2013Almost 1.5 Million Insurance Cancellations Under Obamacare Unless you've been living in a cave, you are aware that many policyholders are receiving cancellation notices from their insurance companies. Turns out that these policies don't meet Obamacare requirements.
- October 28, 2013Florida Woman's Insurance Rate Increases 10X Under Obamacare One Florida woman is going from paying $54 a month to $591 under Obamacare, CBS reports... "I just want to know why I can't keep what I have. ... Why do I have to be forced into something else?"
- October 28, 2013White House: 'It's True' some Americans won't be able to keep their insurance White House spokesman Jay Carney explained at today's briefing that "it's true" some Americans will not be able to keep their health care plan under Obamacare.
- October 28, 2013"My Family Lost Our Health Insurance and Can't Sign Up For Obamacare" by Mitchell Sunderland The Bush years were not kind to my family. Between 2000 and 2011, my parents went from earning high six-figures to roughly $50,000 a year at the Puppy Palace, the pet store my mom owns and my father manages in Hollywood, Florida. During this period, the store's staff declined from 25 full-time employees to fewer than ten part-time employees and one full-time employee who received health care through her husband.
- October 28, 2013More losing insurance coverage than signing up on Obamacare exchanges More Americans reportedly are being kicked off their insurance due to Obamacare requirements than are signing up for coverage via the newly launched health care exchanges.
- October 28, 2013"Think Tank: Health-Insurance Premiums Will Almost Double in Wisconsin" by Sterling Beard Health-care premiums in Wisconsin will almost double under Obamacare, compared with their current rates, according to a report from the MacIver Institute.
- October 27, 2013"Obamacare has become the Un-Affordable Care Act" by Ernest Istook Not only is Obamacare unpopular with the general public, but it also is losing favor among the very people it's supposed to help. The White House has difficulty getting the uninsured to buy Obamacare not merely because the government website is bad, but mostly because the product is bad. It's overpriced.
- October 27, 2013"The Obamacare exchange's lack of security" by Jennifer Oliver O'Connell Week 3 of the Obamacare exchange rollout is the same old song: glitches remain, error messages abound, lags are prevalent, and there is very little evidence that anyone has actually purchased insurance. An even larger problem is the lack of security on Healthcare.gov and the State exchange sites.
- October 27, 2013"Obamacare settled law? Try enforcing it," by Eric Golub Liberals desperate to preserve the Affordable Care Act are doing what they frequently do when their beliefs are about to collapse. They declare matters "settled" to stifle debate and end conversations. From climate change to healthcare, their prize projects are settled simply because they say so. Everybody else should be quiet and agree with them rather than have honest debates.
- October 27, 2013Ben Carson: Obamacare worst thing to happen to the U.S. since slavery “It is slavery because it aims to make all of us subservient to the government,” he said. “It was never about health care. It was about control.”
- October 27, 2013"Why America still hates Obamacare" by Eric Golub Obamacare is hated not because of racism, bad marketing, or poor salesmanship. It is hated because the product is defective. Critics hated it because of what they thought it would be. They still hate it because they are convinced their concerns have been proven right.
- October 27, 2013Boehner: More people will lose insurance under Obamacare than sign up in exchanges House Speaker John A. Boehner predicted Wednesday that by the end of the month, more Americans will have lost their insurance by being kicked off existing health plans than the number who were able to sign up in the flawed online healthcare.gov website.
- October 27, 2013"Tying the Knot Under Obamacare" by Eileen F. Toplansky The heinous intrusions into our lives as a result of Obamacare swell each day. Now, in true Marxist form, the ludicrously named "Affordable Care Act" mounts an all-out attack on marriage.
- October 27, 2013"Give us Your Young, Uninsured (and Dying to be Rooked)" by Clarice Feldman The failures of the Obamacare website came just days after its launch and after '"top White House officials were excitedly briefing lawmakers, reporters, Capitol Hill staff members and Washington pundits" about the "shiny new Web site that was elegantly designed, simple to use and ready."
- October 27, 2013"Thanks to Obamacare, My Insurance Was Canceled," by Howard J. Warner I provide the full cost of health insurance for my full-time staff and pay the cost for my family. In August I received a notice that my insurance would cease as of January 2014 due to the basic set of requirements under Obamacare.
- October 27, 2013Peggy Noonan on Obamacare: 'Stop the Whole Thing, Go Back to Point One' Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan said something about Obamacare Sunday that the majority of Americans clearly agree with. Appearing on CBS's Face the Nation, Noonan said, “I wish we could stop the whole thing, go back to point one and say, “Let's try this again””.
- October 27, 2013SFGate.com: Half a million Californians could lose their health care under Obamacare next year This Kaiser Health News story has been reverberating across the Internet because it starts to put together the numbers of private health-plan insureds who are receiving cancellations. (This is a small group of Californians; a majority get their health care through employer plans, Medicare or MediCal.)
- October 27, 2013Los Angeles Times: Some health insurance gets pricier as Obamacare rolls out Thousands of Californians are discovering what Obamacare will cost them — and many don't like what they see.
- September 25, 2011Scary truth about Obamacare keeps seeping out
When House Speaker Nancy Pelosi famously said that she had to pass Obamacare through Congress so that we could find out what was in it, Americans were given a preview of what they are seeing now -- a profusion of legislative errors and broken promises related to President Obama's virtual government takeover of health care. Just this month, we have seen another tranche of bad Obamacare news.
- September 24, 2011Obamacare HHS rule would give government everybody's health records
It's been said a thousand times: Congress had to pass President Obama's health care law in order to find out what's in it. But, despite the repetitiveness, the level of shock from each new discovery never seems to recede.
- September 23, 2011Obama administration shelves long-term care plan
The Obama administration has shelved a financially troubled long-term care insurance plan. Officials said Thursday the staff has been cut and it's an "open question" if the program will be implemented.
- September 23, 2011Patients to wait longer for care under new health law, think tank says
Nearly 700,000 Tennesseans will gain new coverage under health-care reform, but those already with insurance might have to wait longer to receive care and younger people overall may have to pay more.
- September 22, 2011Herman Cain: "Obamacare would have killed me." This is one of Cain's great moments of the night. He was asked directly about his comments that he would have died form cancer if Obamacare were in effect whenever he needed treatment, and he answered it to much applause.
- September 12, 2011Trouble Continues For Obamacare's Health Insurance Exchanges
Logistically, setting up the health insurance exchanges is going to be a pain in the neck for anyone, especially when it comes to making determinations about which individuals qualify for new health insurance subsidies.
- September 12, 2011The Real Cost of Obamacare
People aren't going to be able to afford it, governments aren't going to be able to enforce it... and taxpayers are going to have to foot an even bigger bill in the long run.
- September 8, 2011Yet Another Obamacare Foul-Up
It turns out that millions of lower-income people who thought they were going to get coverage through Obamacare's insurance exchanges may not.
- August 17, 2011Obama Could "Wipe Out" Restaurants
Here's another reason why the Supreme Court should consider taking up the Obamacare individual mandate case sooner rather than later.
- June 16, 2011Beginning January 1, 2013, Obamacare imposes a 3.8% Medicare tax on unearned income
Like a lot of the poorly-designed, economic programs of this administration, this program will destroy more wealth than it ever gets around to actually transferring.
- June 16, 2011How Obamacare destroys your privacy
The Obama health law enacted last year established a national electronic health database that will hold and display your lifelong medical history -- making it accessible to a troubling number of strangers, including government employees and a variety of health-care personnel.
- June 16, 2011More Than 1,300 Obamacare Insurance Waivers Granted, Says GAO
The Department of Health and Human Services has granted a total of 1,372 waivers from Obamacare insurance mandates since the law's enactment, according to a new Government Accountability Office report.
- June 16, 2011The Obamacare Bad News Continues
A kerfuffle was stirred up last week by a devastating McKinsey & Company study that concluded up to 78 million Americans would lose their current health coverage as employers stopped offering insurance because of President Obama's Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- June 14, 2011Coming soon: A bigger, costlier Obamacare
Obamacare poses two great dangers to our nation: lower quality of care and runaway costs. It will stifle innovation and lead to rationing. But the overwhelming cost and the damage it will do to our nation's finances at a pivotal moment in our history deserve greater scrutiny.
- June 7, 2011Obamacare's Next Constitutional Challenge
The Medicaid provision of Obamacare spells the death knell to competition among the states. States cannot function as "laboratories of democracy"—as the 10th Amendment intended—if the federal government can use its power to tax and spend to bludgeon all states into conformity.
- June 6, 2011CBO hires Obamacare advocate to provide 'objective' health care budget numbers
The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) has hired Melinda Beeuwkes Buntin, an Obama administration official who has been key in implementing parts of Obamacare thus far and a large donor to Democrats and liberal groups, to work in its Health and Human Resources (HHR) Office.
- June 2, 2011EDITORIAL: Obamacare's unlimited power
The White House defense of Obamacare hinges on the claim that Congress essentially has unlimited power to force Americans to spend their personal money on a cause of the government's choosing. Oral arguments before the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals on Wednesday made this all the more clear.
- May 31, 2011How Obamacare Will Kill Americans
A major segment of Obamacare will force cuts in drug and medical device research that "will kill more people than it will help," according to an astonishing study quoted in Reason Magazine May 24. The government medical program was sold as better health at lower cost. But estimated economic cost will total $1.7 trillion, resulting in 32 million lost years of life.
- May 26, 2011Why Obamacare Undermines Government
If Obamacare is so great, why do so many people want to get out from under it?
- May 23, 2011Obamacare Cheerleader AARP Given Obamacare Waiver
The latest group to receive a waiver is a company that was ironically one of the biggest cheerleaders of the healthcare legislation at the time of its passage: the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP).
- May 17, 2011Nearly 20% of Obamacare waivers are for fancy hotels and restaurants in Nancy Pelosi's district
Of the 204 new Obamacare waivers President Barack Obama's administration approved in April, 38 are for fancy eateries, hip nightclubs and decadent hotels in House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi's Northern California district.
- May 16, 2011Nevada gets waiver from Obamacare
The Health and Human Services Department announced late Friday that Nevada had secured a statewide waiver from certain implementation requirements of the Obama administration's health care law, because forcing them through, the department found, "may lead to the destabilization of the individual market."
- April 2, 2011List of health reform waivers keeps growing
The number of waivers the Obama administration has awarded for a provision of the year-old healthcare reform law grew by 128 in March. With the new waivers, that means 1,168 businesses, insurers, unions and other organizations have received one-year exemptions from a healthcare reform provision requiring at least $750,000 in annual benefits
- March 6, 2011Number of healthcare reform law waivers climbs above 1,000
The number of temporary healthcare reform waivers granted by the Obama administration to organizations climbed to more than 1,000, according to new numbers disclosed by the Department of Health and Human Services.
- February 18, 2011FactCheck.org: Obamacare Requires the IRS to Hire 1,000 More Workers
Q: Is the IRS seeking more than 1,000 new workers to administer the new health care law? A: Yes. ... The IRS budget request for fiscal year 2012 shows that the agency is seeking at least 1,269 full-time equivalent employees (FTEs)...
- January 27, 2011HHS grants 500 new healthcare waivers
A week after Republicans announced plans to investigate waivers granted to organizations for healthcare reform provisions, President Obama's health department made public new waivers for more than 500 groups.
- January 14, 2011Comprehensive List of Tax Hikes in Obamacare
It's important to remember that Obamacare is also one of the largest tax increases in American history.
- January 3, 20113 SEIU Chapters – Including One in Chicago – Granted Obamacare Waivers
The House Energy and Commerce Committee on Thursday asked the Department of Health and Human Services to provide detailed information on the over 200 groups requesting and receiving one-year waivers from Obamacare. In November it was first reported that the Obama Administration had handed out 111 (now over 200) Obamacare waivers to special US companies… And, they hid this information from the American public. It took 6 clicks to find out this information on the government's health care website.
- December 7, 2010Obamacare Waiver List Swells
The Obama Administration has quietly granted even more waivers to one provision of the new federal health reform law, doubling the number in just the last three weeks to a new total of 222.
- November 25, 2010Doctors say Medicare cuts force painful decision about elderly patients
Want an appointment with kidney specialist Adam Weinstein of Easton, Md.? If you're a senior covered by Medicare, the wait is eight weeks.
- November 20, 2010Union Drops Health Coverage for Workers' Children
One of the largest union-administered health-insurance funds in New York is dropping coverage for the children of more than 30,000 low-wage home attendants, union officials said. The union blamed financial problems it said were caused by the state's health department and new national health-insurance requirements.
- November 13, 2010Obama White House Hands Out 111 Obamacare Waivers – Hides It From Public (Video)
This didn't make any headlines… The Obama Administration recently handed out 111 Obamacare waivers to special US companies… And, they're hiding this from the American public. It takes 6 clicks to find out this information on the government's health care website.
- November 5, 2010Citing health overhaul, AARP hikes employee costs
WASHINGTON – AARP's endorsement helped secure passage of President Barack Obama's health care overhaul. Now the seniors' lobby is telling its employees their insurance costs will rise partly as a result of the law.
- October 26, 2010Big Insurance, Big Medicine
Obamacare's once and future harms have been well chronicled, but the major effects so far are less obvious and arguably more important: A wave of consolidation is washing over the health markets, and the result is going to be higher costs.
- October 26, 2010Doctors vs. Bureaucrats: Are They Listening?
This week the National Comprehensive Cancer Network — a group of leading cancer centers — reaffirmed its existing recommendation that Avastatin be used for women with advanced breast cancer. The group strongly believes that women with breast cancer enjoy a better quality of life while on the drug. But if supporters of Obamacare have their way, breast cancer patients will be denied insurance coverage for the drug and will be forced to pay out of pocket for its benefits.
- October 20, 2010New Study Says Cost of Health Reform Subsidies Could Far Exceed Previous Estimates
A new study by the Lewin Group estimates that 28.6 million Americans will be eligible for a federal subsidy to purchase health insurance beginning in 2014 at a projected cost to tax payers in excess of $110 billion. This estimate is dramatically higher (578%) than the cost of these subsidies forecast by the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) prior to health reform's enactment into law.
- October 18, 2010Citing 'Cost Pressure' From New Health Care Law, Boeing Asks Employees to Pay More
Aerospace giant Boeing is joining the list of companies that say the new health care law could have a potential downside for their workers.
- October 14, 2010Obama's Healthcare Rules Will Shut Down Catholic Hospitals Nationwide
Another aspect of the destructive nature of [Obamacare] is that once government takes over the system, Democrats will assume they have the power to force religious-based healthcare providers to perform abortions and this will cause thousands of facilities to close down.
- October 8, 2010The Light at the End of the Tunnel Is an Oncoming Train
The news today is that 89,000 stimulus checks — totaling $22 million — got sent to people who were dead or in jail...
- October 6, 2010The Unraveling Of Obamacare
Thirty companies and organizations get waivers from the new health care overhaul because otherwise they'd have to raise rates or drop coverage. The president said neither would happen. Hey, where's our waiver?
- October 3, 2010The Obamacare massacre continues: 3M to drop retiree health plans
3M Co. confirmed it would eventually stop offering its health-insurance plan to retirees, citing the federal health overhaul as a factor.
- September 30, 2010Obamacare is proving the critics right daily
At the Principal Financial Group, the company's decision reflected its assessment of its ability to compete in the environment created by the new law.
- September 30, 2010McDonalds May Drop Health Plans for Workers
Today's Wall Street Journal reports that McDonalds "warned federal regulators that it could drop its health insurance plan for nearly 30,000 hourly restaurant workers unless regulators waive a new requirement of the U.S. health overhaul."
- September 30, 2010Health reform to worsen doctor shortage: group
(Reuters) — The U.S. healthcare reform law will worsen a shortage of physicians as millions of newly insured patients seek care, the Association of American Medical Colleges said on Thursday.
- September 30, 2010First Lady Asks Nurses to Engage in Legislative Advocacy with Their Patients
With hundreds of thousands of medical errors occurring each year — a problem that Obamacare does nothing to address — this is exactly what I want my nurse thinking about as she's inserting a needle into my arm.
- September 28, 2010Harvard Pilgrim Customers to Lose Current Coverage Due to Obamacare
Add 22,000 New Englanders to the list of Americans who will lose their current health care coverage as a result of Obamacare.
- September 23, 2010Blue Cross, HealthPartners suspend some health plan sales
Two of Minnesota's biggest health plans said Thursday they have temporarily suspended sales of individual health insurance policies because of uncertainty related to the new federal health reform law.
- September 13, 2010Obamacare silences health insurers
Last week saw more bad news for Obamacare. So the Obama administration slipped on the brass knuckles. Health insurance premiums grew by a smaller increment in 2010 than in any of the past 10 years. But on Tuesday, the Wall Street Journal reported that Obamacare appears to be turning that around.
- June 3, 2010Labor Markets and Health Care Reform: New Results
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPAC) will have profound implications for U.S. labor markets. The PPAC is fiscally dangerous, raising the risk of higher labor (and other) taxes at a time when the job market is struggling.
VISIT OUR SPONSORS