False Hope and False Dreams
Felicia Benamon writes in EnterStageRight.com that it used to be that the average American voter had a pretty good head on their shoulders. Not so much anymore. Too many Americans are allowing the likes of Barack Obama to sway them into thinking they will be rescued from their problems should he win the Presidency. They cannot see through the hype.
- Has anyone bothered to take a look at what Obama stands for? What are his real views and plans for America?
- It has been disclosed that Obama is sponsoring a bill in the Senate called the Global Poverty Act, that would cost the US billions. Think more and more taxes, courtesy of the US taxpayers, to help the world! The UN would have a say in how US tax dollars are spent.
- Cliff Kincaid of AIM.org writes: "The legislation would commit the U.S. to spending 0.7 percent of gross national product on foreign aid, which amounts to a phenomenal 13-year total of $845 billion over and above what the U.S. already spends."
- The US has been and is involved with helping nations around the world already. We give more aid and manpower (troops and civilian) to worthy causes than any other country in the world. I've said it before; anything with the word "global" attached to it, beware! This bill will overextend the US and the UN will have greater control over what the US does. Sickening thought! The US is sovereign!
- There are people right here in our own nation who are struggling in the downturn of the economy and people have lost jobs. Mr. Obama, why don't you try telling taxpayers that you plan to use their money to care for the rest of the world while taxpayers are struggling themselves?!
- I have to question where Obama is really willing to take the US. Does he realize we must start right here in America to fix the many problems on our table? America should not strain and stretch itself to make sure the world has what it needs. With the value of the dollar below the Euro, and even Canada's Dollar, the US needs a strong leader who will place the US first and foremost above all other worldly concerns. The welfare of other nations comes last at this point and time.
- Where is Barack Obama's loyalty to this country, to our wonderful American nation? Is his loyalty more towards Africa? That seems to be the case as the church Obama belongs to proclaims its loyalty to the "mother continent" – Africa.
- The congregation of Trinity United Church of Christ claims to be "an African people" who are "true to their native land." They place heavy emphasis on African studies.
- Will Africa take precedence over America should Barack Obama become president? Obama has been shown standing with his hands resting in front of him instead of over his heart as the National Anthem played. Then there’s the questionable statement by his wife stating how proud she is of this nation for the first time:
- "For the first time in my adult lifetime I am really proud of my country, and not just because Barack has done well, but I think people are hungry for change."
- Michelle Obama's attitude of being proud of America in terms of her husband having "done well" and that folks want "change" is disturbing.
Get The Full Scoop
Obama Selling False Hope and False Dreams
By Felicia Benamon
[These links tend to become inactive over time. If this has happened with the above link, you can conduct a Google search by clicking here.]
Felecia Benamon’s article is an excellent reminder to look closely at the people who could be elected to run this nation. It still means a lot to many Americans – and anyone voted into the highest office of the land should have nothing but the utmost admiration for the good America has brought to its people and to those around the globe.
VISIT OUR SPONSORS
ChristianVideos.com & HomeVideos.com & Nightmares.com
BabyDoctors.com & BigScreens.com & GreatHotels.com & LimoRentals.com & UsedTrucks.com