ObamaCare, Six Months In
National Review Online has published an article documenting ominous new evidence of the kind of behavior in our federal government which validates the concerns many of us have about Obamacare. We've outlined it below:
- Threats. Health and Human Services (HHS) secretary Kathleen Sebelius has sent a letter to the nation’s insurance companies threatening them to either:
- Submit to President Obama's agenda and justify any premium increases in ways that the Democrat party finds acceptable...
- Or be shut out of the planned government insurance marketplaces – which means being shut down altogether. In effect insurers are being ordered to financially bleed themselves to death.
- Power Grabs. President Obama has again flouted the Senate and the constitution by recess-appointing another Czar, a man named Dr. Donald Berwick, to head the new Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Berwick is a passionate believer in government takeovers and health care rationing. There is no doubt but that he will take advantage of all the levers of power Obamacare gives him.
- Disinformation. The Obama regime is putting out blatantly political “information” campaigns targeted at seniors which are packed with distortions and omissions. HHS has sent a letter to Medicare recipients explaining all the wonderful things Obamacare will do for them. Left unsaid in the letter is how Obamacare cuts Medicare by half a trillion dollars over ten years, and slashes Medicare Advantage 27 percent by 2017. HHS followed the print campaign with an equally-dishonest TV blitz featuring Andy Griffith.
- Massive Bureaucracy. Career bureaucrats in Washington DC are already at work building their new kingdoms. New positions are planned for thousands of new HHS offices, including one expressly designed to regulate private health insurance companies nationwide. The IRS is also ramping up so that it can enforce, with tax penalties, the mandate that everyone buys health insurance approved by the government.
Obamacare is barely off the ground and already it's costing us money and freedom. These costs will only rise as time goes on. It will never be easier than it is now to dismantle it, before a new generation of bureaucrats are empowered by it and new generations of Americans are made wards of the state.
Read the whole article here.
VISIT OUR SPONSORS
ChristianVideos.com & HomeVideos.com & Nightmares.com
Ballcaps.com & Chapels.com & GreatHotels.com & LimoRentals.com & UsedTrucks.com