Rush Limbaugh Lowers The
Hammer on the Democrat Congress
If you missed this recent episode of Rush lately, well allow us to summarize the facts for you. Rush says it’s official: the Dems have blown their chance in Congress. Read it and weep, Dems:
- The Iraq War is twice as popular with the American public as Congress.
- Under Democratic leadership, the 110th Congress is the least popular Congress since pollsters began measuring this.
- Democrat apologists say this is because Congress has failed to end the war. Well, that may explain the low marks on the Democratic end. But the 63 Democrat anti-war votes (and counting) so far this year are a massive turn-off for independents and Republicans.
- In November, Gallup pegged the Congressional job approval at 20% with 69% of poll respondents expressing disapproval. In December, Gallup found that 40% of Americans think the Surge is working, while 39% say it isn’t. And while 57% of poll respondents now say going into Iraq was a mistake, 41% say it was not.
- Apparently 69% of those polled say electing this Congress was a mistake. Only 20% believe otherwise. While obviously the questions are worded slightly differently, the pollster, Gallup, is the same in each case.
- “Maybe,” Rush suggests, laughing, “Congress needs to redeploy to Okinawa and not the troops. War 40, Congress 20, and 69% say electing this Congress was a mistake.
- Speaking of this Congress: "Each day lately, Democrats inch closer to giving President Bush more money for the war in Iraq without any serious mandates for withdrawing US troops."
- Democrat leaders are loathe to acknowledge they've backed off, but lawmakers from both sides of the aisle, and their congressional aides, say Democrats are trying to find a way to provide continued troop funding while searching, at the same time, for some kind of compromise that will show their lunatic base that they remain steadfast in challenging the President on the war. ... According to one senior Democrat lawmaker, there's a growing discomfort among pro-defense Democrats about linking a $50 billion Iraq measure to troop withdrawal.
Get The Full Scoop
Visit Rush Limbaugh's Web Site
It's Official: Worst. Congress. Ever. Rush Limbaugh Show radio transcript.
[These links tend to become inactive over time. If this has happened with the above link, you can conduct a Google search by clicking here.]
Well, hard to argue with the numbers, especially when the Dems have jumped at every point to throw them in face of the Republicans over the past several years whenever they found it convenient. Now what will they do – when it appears that more Americans disprove of them than staying the course in Iraq? Which, by the way, is the right thing to do.
VISIT OUR SPONSORS
ChristianMusic.com & HomeVideos.com & Nightmares.com
Ballcaps.com & BigScreens.com & GreatHotels.com & LimoRentals.com & UsedTrucks.com